Angeles Equity Partners, LLC (together with its affiliated advisory entities, “Angeles Equity Partners” or “we”) values the trust and confidence of its investors. We appreciate that, as a result of that trust and confidence, we have access to information about our existing and prospective investors that is not generally publicly available. We are committed to maintaining the privacy of our investors and to safeguarding their nonpublic personal information.
Collection of Information
The Funds may collect or verify nonpublic personal information from and about you from different sources including, without limitation, the following:
- Information we receive from you, or, if applicable, your financial intermediary on subscription agreements, investor questionnaires, applications or other documents, which may include personally identifiable financial information;
- Information about your account history, including transactions with us, our affiliates, or others, including information about your capital account, such as capital contributions, profit and loss allocations and distributions and withdrawals from the Funds and other various transactions with the Funds;
- Information we receive from a consumer reporting agency or other sources we may engage in conducting due diligence; and
- Correspondence and communication with the Funds' representatives and their affiliates.
Disclosure of Information
In addition, the Funds may disclose information that the Funds collect regarding an investor to nonaffiliated third parties under one or more of the following circumstances:
- As authorized - for example, as authorized by investor subscription agreements or organizational documents for the Funds and as authorized by you or your designated representatives.
- As required by applicable law or in connection with regulatory or law enforcement inquiries - for example, to cooperate with regulators during periodic regulatory examinations.
- As permitted by applicable law - for example, sharing information (i) with companies that maintain, process or service investor or Fund accounts, (ii) with prospective lenders to, or other creditors of, a Fund or a portfolio company in which a Fund has or is considering investing, (iii) in connection with the making, management or disposition of any Fund investment or (iv) as otherwise necessary to effect, administer or enforce investor or Fund transactions. Among other activities, the Funds may also share information with their lawyers, accountants, custodians and broker-dealers, and with persons otherwise acting in a representative or fiduciary capacity on behalf of investors or the Funds.
You may not limit the sharing noted above. U.S. federal law gives you the right to limit only:
- sharing for affiliates’ everyday business purposes;
- affiliates from using your information to market to you;
- sharing for non-affiliates to market to you.
State laws may provide additional rights to limit sharing.
Information Safeguarding Policy
Any party that receives nonpublic personal information relating to investors from the Funds is permitted to use the information only for legitimate business purposes or as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law or regulation. In this regard, for officers, employees and agents of the Funds and their affiliates, access to such information is restricted to those who need such access in order to provide services to the Funds and their investors. The Funds maintain safeguards and written policies and procedures to protect investor nonpublic personal information. Third parties that handle this information also agree to follow the standards the Funds have established.
If you are located in a jurisdiction where specific laws, rules or regulations require us to provide you with additional or different privacy-related rights beyond what is set forth herein, then we will use our reasonable best efforts to comply with those specific laws, rules or regulations.